Sunday, June 15, 2008

Miles City, Montana

Just a quick update for everyone...the sun is shining, the winds are calm, the temperature is perfect. After many slow cold windy days, we're ready to get some miles in! We chatted with a woman outside the library yesterday and she told us we're not to the pretty part yet, which is exciting because the whole state has been "the pretty part" for me so far! Yesterday we had some awesome views from the highway, and today should be more of the same. whenever I look out onto the landscapa I imagine it crawling with bison and antelope and bears...it takes my mind off the hills :)

The mountains are coming up soon! Yay! I checked the weather for Yellowstone today and things are looking up. We should be in that area in just under a week.

I hope nobody gets too flooded out there in the midwest, and happy fathers day daddys!

5 comments:

pops said...

Looks like you're heading into some challenging and rewarding portions of the trip. Have a blast and keep the calls and letters coming! Keep an eye open for the mountains...I hear they're easy to miss.
Love and thanks for the Father's Day call... Pop

Rachel said...

Montana inspiration from Frank Z:

I'm gonna find me a horse
Just about this big
An' ride him all along the border line
With a pair of heavy-duty
Zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand
Every other wrangler would say
I was mighty grand
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Well I might ride along the border
With my tweezers gleamin'
In the moon-lighty night
And then I'd get a cuppa coffee
N' give my foot a push...
Just me 'n the pymgy pony
Over the Dennil Floss Bush
N' then I might just jump back on
An' ride like a cowboy
Into the dawn to Montana
Movin' to Montana soon...

Maddie said...

I hope you brought your copy of "Lonesome Dove" and are pretending to be a cattle driver as you peddle your little heart out.

pops said...

Elly's Hogging the Blog! I know Dylan can write, I've seen him do it! I'm starting a campaign to let Dylan update the blog. Go to www.ellysabloghog.com to voice your support!

Klaus und Heidi said...

Dylan says he's "not good at blogging" I'll get him to put something in here someday :) And I didn't bring the book, PQK, but I think about it every day.