Thursday, May 8, 2008

Marshall, MO

Now I'm at the Marshall library! this one cost me $1 to use the internet :(

Dylan and I have been camped out here for a couple days at a very icky motel. My ankle has been hurting and I'm worried about it so we decided to stay in one place for a little while to give it some. I think ultimately it'll take awhile to heal, but I changed my saddle position and we've been doing easy days so hopefully it'll be ok soon. It actually feels a lot better on the bike today, but I've only biked a couple miles from the motel to here.

We're finally off the Katy Trail which is good and bad...bad because now we're on roads with cars and we're forced to bike up hills, good because we're on pavement so it's a lot easier to bike and we get some nice views. We'll be out of Missouri in just a couple days and in South Dakota in just over a week! It's all very exciting for us. We've clocked in about 300 miles so far. It has been a slow start what with the ankle, but we'll start making good progress soon, I just know it :)

Good memories of Hartsburg, MO. It's an adorable little town with an awesome diner and really nice people. We camped for free in a city park and made friends with a little girl named Heidi. We were all very sad to part at the end of the night! For Dylan's birthday we cheated a little and had some non-vegan pie (there weren't any co-ops!) to celebrate. Today we're planning on doing an easy 30 miles and camping in Higginsville.

We miss you and love you!!! More soon!

1 comment:

jessimicaj said...

i like how in the name of your blog you can make out the word 'sexcellent' har har har